The Sales Manager manages the company’s sales department, leading the time and the work of the sales department. This position is exempt under the FLSA and reports to the Director of Operations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Lead, Manage, Accountability (LMA)
- Cascades the company’s vision and provides clear direction.
- Removes barriers so that the company’s vision is achievable.
- Recruits, selects, onboards, and trains new employees.
- Leads group and individual meetings/trainings on a weekly basis.
- Provides expectations and holds employees accountable to meeting these expectations.
- Manages employees’ performance, conducts performance reviews, and partners with HR on other performance decisions.
- Creates/provides opportunities for employees’ growth and development.
- Sales Goals
- Meets and exceeds sales goals and other key performance indicators for the company and individual sales representatives.
- Targets performance management and training to achieve sales goals and other key performance indicators.
- Customer Issues
- When customer issues are escalated to their level, works to resolve all issues with customers.
- Ensures customers have a remarkable experience.
- Purpose, Mission, and Values
- Lives out company’s purpose, mission, and values.
- Knowledge of sales, marketing, and/or customer service principles and practices.
- Knowledge of construction principles and practices preferred.
- Skill in operating a personal computer and programs.
- Ability to detect/recognize information in written materials and on computer screen 75-100% of time.
- Skill in verbal (including presentation skills) and written communication.
- Ability to understand, speak, read, and write in English.
- Associates or bachelor’s degree preferred and 2+ years of sales and/or sales management experience OR a combination of education and experience that illustrates a proven track record in this field.
- Ability to exert up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to move objects.
- Ability to move about/traverse up to 50% of the time.
- A valid driver’s license, a safe driving record, and the ability to drive for the company.
Baird offers a comprehensive health & welfare benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, 401(k), Employee Assistance Program, Employee Referral Program and paid time off.
- Job Type: Full-time
- FLSA Status: Exempt
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position. Such statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this position. All employees are requested to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor. Employees may also be required to work in excess of normal working hours as workloads and seasonal activities necessitate. This document is subject to change at any time without notice.
- Michelle Strawser, HR Manager
- 210-876-4230 | Email Us